Nitrites are an intermediate form of nitrogen produced when ammonia is converted into nitrate during the nitrogen cycle. As organic matter decays, it produces ammonia; the highly toxic ammonia is converted into nitrite by bacteria; and the nitrite is then converted into nitrate by another bacteria.
Nitrite is dangerous to aquatic life if it is allowed to build up, causing tissue damage that can lead to illness and death. By detecting even minute levels of nitrite, the Hanna Nitrite Checker can help aquarists to take action at the earliest possible moment and eliminate unnecessary suffering among the fish.
- Salt water aquariums
- Coral reef tanks
- Testing is quick and easy
- High precision results - more accurate than chemical test kits
- Auto shut-off feature means the Checker cannot be left on by mistake
- Fully portable, fitting easily into both palm and pocket
Four steps. One click. Instant Readout.
1. ‘Zero’ the Checker®HC with your vial & 10ml water sample inside
2. Take the vial out and add your reagent
3. Place your vial into your Checker®HC
4. Press the button and read the results
Battery powered – Allows use away from a power source. Batteries are included with all battery operated products.
Use HI-764-25 Reagents for HI-764 Nitrite (Marine ULR) Handheld Colorimeter - Checker®HC x 25 tests.
Use HI-764-11 Calibration Check Set for HI-764 Nitrite (Marine ULR) Handheld Colorimeter - Checker®HC
|Range||0 to 200 ppb|
|Accuracy||±4% of reading ±10 ppb @ 25ºC|
|Light Source||LED @ 525 nm|
|Light Detector||Silicon photocell|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Battery Type||(1) 1.5V AAA|
|Auto-off||After 3 minutes of non-use|
|Dimensions||86 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.2 x 2.4 x 1.5”)|
|Weight||64 g (2.25 oz.)|
|Method||Adaptation of EPA Diazotization method 354.1.|