For our Good Heart STENDKER Discus Feed:
Our feed is ideally suited as a complete feed. Please do not feed too much and be certain to defrost prior to feeding.
- 6.5 to 12 cm, you will need approx. ½ to 1 blister (2.5 to 5 g) per meal, which corresponds to 7.5 to 15 g per day.
- 12 to 18 cm, you will need approx. 1 to 1 ½ blisters (5 to 7.5 g) per meal, which corresponds to 15 to 22.5 g per day.
Instructions for Defrosting Feed:
Remove the required amount of frozen feed for 1 – 2 days, giving 3 feeds per day to your discus fish, from your freezer..
Tip: Using gardening pruners/secateurs, the 500g slabs can be easily split into small portions. The evening before feeding, place the daily amount of the still frozen feed in a plastic container with a tightly fitting lid into your refrigerator, to defrost gradually so that the feed retains its firm consistency.
- It is vital that you defrost frozen feed before feeding! Feeding food which is frozen can lead to an obstruction of the fishes’ intestines!
- Do not defrost feed in a strainer under running tap water as important nutrients will be washed out of the feed!
- Feed remnants not eaten should be removed from the tank (using suction) after no more than 10 minutes, as they would otherwise impact negatively on the quality of the water.